Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ranch Dressing

This is another Green Smoothie Girl favorite of mine.  This is considered a treat around here.  We usually eat our veggies raw but for those days that my kids need an extra bit of motivation and I say,  "I made Ranch"- their eyes light up!  To be able to make my own dressing benefits me in knowing what is in it and controlling the flavor.


Ranch Dressing

1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Sour Cream
1 T. dried parsley
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder

Blend briefly until just mixed. Pour into a jar and refrigerate.  As it sits in the refrigerator the spices settle in better and it has a better taste.

The briefly part is key here- in times past I didn't notice that instruction and have just turned my blender on.  It would turn out pretty runny- it still worked- but the brief blend works so much better.

This was delicious on our Taco Salad that we used our leftover taco meat for.

2 comments:

  1. Delishious! I need to try that! Buttermilk? hmmm I need to buy that, I never do, but now I think I will!

    ReplyDelete