Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby Food

I think I have blended and frozen my last batch of baby food.  My little man is growing up and loves his food.  If he can feed himself he is happier.  For those of you who are just getting started here are some of the guidelines I have followed with feeding my babies.

-The book that I use may have more foods listed but these are the things I felt comfortable with and used-

First foods:
ripe avocado
ripe banana
sweet potatoes (This one did not go over well with the little guys tummy and still doesn't.)
commercial iron fortified single grains cereals: rice, barley, millet or oatmeal
mild fruits cooked and strained: apricots, nectarines, peaches, pears, plums, prunes

6 months
homemade grain cereals: brown rice, millet, rolled oats
winter squash
raw mild fruits: papaya, mango, pears

7 months
asparagus
carrots
green beans
peas
summer squash
peaches

8 months
apricot
apple
cantaloupe
honeydew melon
kiwi
plums
watermelon
broccoli

Make sure when you introduce a new food to baby that you only introduce one new food at a time and wait 4 days to introduce another new food.  This should give time for any allergy signs to show.  Also, feeding baby one food too often can create a sensitivity for that food.


Oh the joys of feeding baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment