Sunday, May 30, 2010

Coconut Flour Bread

I guess it wasn't very nice to leave you all in suspense but hey I can only do so much in a day.  We will start with the Coconut Flour Bread.  I will plan on making the energy bars next but you may have to make due with some other posts in between before I can.  Enjoy!

Coconut Flour Bread
(please follow the link as she gives more information about the bread and the benefits)

6 eggs (I only used 5 and may try 4 next time)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
2 T. honey
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3/4 cup coconut flour

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a buttered loaf pan.  (I used my regular bread pan but will try a mini one next time.)  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min. (It was done in less then 40 minutes for me-maybe about 25-30min.)  Turn the loaf out and cool completely on rack before serving.

This bread is different- coconut flour is different.  It is something to use if you have a gluten intolerance.  Which I have found that our bodies just perform better with less gluten.  So why not mix it up a bit and try to lessen our gluten intake.

My kids like it and it is actually better the next day same as the coconut flour orange cake. I plan on using it as a snack along with some fruit.  Last night they had a slice of bread and an apple.  Kept their bellies full for bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to make this tomorrow! I have been wanting to so badly, but I need food to take to camp with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I loved to cook like you. These all sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete