Monday, June 14, 2010

Healthier- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

Oh yes you read right and oh yes you need to try this!!  It is perfect and worth it and relatively good for you.  At least a great substitute for the real thing.  Believe me because I polished off a bag of miniature dark chocolate peanut butter cups just before finding this recipe and I won't be buying those again!  This will cure any hankering for a peanut butter chocolate combo.  Treat yourself and enjoy!  Oh and the kids love it, of course.



Healthier- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

3/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 T. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
4 ounces of semisweet chocolate
1 T of agave

In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and coconut oil.  Mix until well combined.  Drop into mini muffin tin. (I used my small pampered chef scoop but would maybe even make the peanut butter layer a little thinner.)  Place in freezer.

I did the chocolate part different then the original recipe.

I melted the chocolate and some agave- since I was using semisweet I didn't add much sweetener- in a saucepan over the stove until melted.

Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and top the peanut butter with the chocolate.  Return to the freezer and eat as you want.  We have to keep ours in the freezer or else it just starts melting pretty fast but it has been around100 degrees here so that may have something to do with it.

4 comments:

  1. I will trade you some agave strawberry freezer jam for some of those!! YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love peanut butter and chocolate! Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give this treat 2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete