Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Coconut Flour, Lemon Poppyseed, Mini Muffins

There is something about this coconut flour.  When I first taste the things I have made with it I think- weird!- but I keep tasting and it grows on me.  A gluten free, high protein, food that my kids will eat.  Heck- why not?  And really there is something about it that is so filling.  Hence the need for me to make the following recipe.  I did have everything already so why not?



Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

1 1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. salt
1tsp baking soda
2 T. poppyseeds
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
6 eggs, whisked

Preheat oven to 375.  Line or butter a mini muffin tin.

Combine flour, salt baking soda and whisk out lumps.  Stir in poppyseeds.

Slowly melt coconut oil and honey in a saucepan until liquefied  Add this to the dry ingredients along with the rest of the ingredients.

The original recipe says this would be a thin batter but mine wasn't.  I added more lemon juice because I wanted to make sure that flavor was there.

Spoon into muffin tin.  Remember it does not rise much so fill the tin according.  Cook about 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.

I made these one night- we had them for breakfast the next day- and we have been having them as a snack since. 


 Today is the last day for the Giveaway so get your comments in on the Giveaway post.  The Giveaway will close tonight, 11 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.  I will randomly pick a winner and post the winner tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment