Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Feeding your baby

Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron is what I like to refer to as my baby food bible.  My sister suggested this book to me when I had my first child.  I liked it then but it has taken me three more kids to actually get deep into the book and do all that it has to offer.  It gives great guidelines on the appropriate age to give foods, when to buy, how to prepare, how long it is good for once frozen and so much more.  I know that in the past 6 years I haven't even read the whole thing but what I have read has helped me tons.

When I would give my baby new foods my older girls would ask, "Mom, does your book say it is okay to give him that?"  That just shows how much I rely on this book as I start solids with my babies.

I have done both- all jarred- some jarred some homemade- and all homemade.  Even though it may seem a little time consuming I prefer all homemade.  You have a greater selection of choices and you are in complete control of what you feed your baby.

My baby is moving on to table foods now but I have enjoyed making his baby food so much that I am excited to share my tips and ideas with others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment