Monday, July 12, 2010

This week

This past week I have been preparing the house, grocery shopping, menu planning, and all sorts of things to get ready for my sister to come visit for a week.  After her week stay the four kids and I are flying back to Tennessee with her.  We will be gone for 2 + weeks and coming home with a week to spare of summer vacation. 

I have some new recipes planned out to experiment on with my sister and even some things to try out on the whole family while in Tennessee.  Along with trying to figure out how to be organized enough to have food in our freezer waiting for us when we get home.  Not to mention the whole idea of starting to pack a lunch for my oldest to take to school.  I see this as a challenge that I am very excited to conquer.  I hope to be able to come up with some great ideas that others will be able to enjoy also.

To get through this week I will be sharing some of the other things I made last week, new recipes for this week, things I plan on taking on the airplane to keep four children full and not have to buy or eat any airplane/airport food, and if I am lucky some ideas to help get the school year off to a good healthy start.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really hoping you're going to make that Orange cake (from homebased mom, I think) while you're in TN. You know, if you're taking requests. :)

    Have fun with your Sissy!

    ReplyDelete