Friday, July 2, 2010

Slow Cooker Pinto Beans

The claims of an amazing pot of pinto beans are true.  They were everything I hoped for them to be.  These beans along with my sprouted rice were apart of my birthday dinner last Saturday.  I had a day of food made at home and ended the day with an amazing flavorful dinner that I was secretly bursting at the seams with pride for.

Slow Cooker Pinto Beans

4 cups of pinto beans soaked for 24 hours
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of sea salt (I only added one teaspoon at the beginning and added the rest later)
4 garlic cloves smashed and peeled1
1 sliced jalapeno (I didn't have this but think it would be a great addition)
water and chicken stock to cover


Rinse beans that have been soaking for 24 hours.  Dump them in your slow cooker along with all the ingredients.  Cover with half water half stock.

Cook on high for 6-8 hours until beans are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment