Thursday, July 8, 2010

Smart little girls...

We had a big bag of gluten free pretzels in our house for a while. When we got towards the bottom my oldest girls asked if we could save them and cover them in chocolate. I said great idea- put them up high- and started brainstorming of how we were going to do it. The other day they reminded me of their suggestion so we got to it. Now, my 5 year old, who had the original idea, ended up having something else in mind but even she loved the creation I came up with.

I used: 
semi sweet chocolate- we only had one small square and a little less then 
1 tsp. of coconut oil brought them to a melting point
stirred to get nice and smooth and then dipped our pretzels
set on a plat or pan with wax paper
store in the refrigerator due to hot weather

**adjust ingredient for how many you want to make**


They were a perfect sweet, salty, cold treat.  If you dip them like this you may be less likely to have messy hands while eating.  If you soak them in chocolate you will have a nice thick layer of chocolate chilled to the bottom of the pretzels and fingers to lick  Your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment