Monday, February 7, 2011

Delays

We finally got the illnesses that have been going around.  I think we got pretty lucky compared to what others had.  Only two of my kids got sick and only with fevers.  I say only because I rejoice in the fact there was no throwing up or major coughing going on through the night.  Our cure for a fever- let it work its way out.  It is obviously a way of our body telling us there is something going on.  My two that were sick did a lot of sleeping, resting, and drinking water.  We took a few natural remedies to help in the dire times of that feverish discomfort. 

Due to this hiccup last week I did not get any of my preparing done (except cooking the rest of the beans I had which are now almost gone) and did not get to expand on some upcoming posts.  Now I am playing catch-up with the laundry and cleaning, my family blog, and trying to find that energy that I think walked out the door when I had my third kid. :) 

I love when life gets in the way-- truly I do.  I sat and looked at my three girls last night (little guy was off entertaining himself) and told them how much I love them.  Despite the melt downs, lack of listening, mischievous behavior.  The good out weighs the bad and they are growing up into -fun- young ladies.

1 comment:

  1. yesterday i made this soup. and its called "hot and sour" its one of my favorite soups at panda garden. i was able to get a hold of a recipe that i found in one of my recipe books. its really yummy and good for you. the only thing is.. its high in sodium. if you want to check it out let me know!! :)

    ReplyDelete